Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Review: Megamind


I was very reluctant to see Megamind as my brother claimed that it was crapper than Monsters vs Aliens. And as a friend once said 'You wouldn't go to a restaurant KNOWING that the food will be shit.'
Alas that was not the case with Megamind. I could see how it could be shit but I think it comes off as one of Dreamworks little gems.
I could go on about the plot but its been done before and fairly unexciting.
Hero. Villian. Villian kills Hero. Villian bored because he killed Hero. Villian makes new Hero. Hero becomes Villian. Villian becomes Hero.
Thats it.
But I distinctly remember laughing out loud in this film which means I enjoyed it. I think that Will Ferrell and whoever else had to bring Megamind to life did a great job. He wasn't a pansy villian with the capacity for good. He was a villian but shit at it in comparison to the heroics of MetroMan.
Enjoyable but nothing awesomely new.

5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment